WIPO Office in the Russian Federation
The WIPO Russia Office (WRO) was established in Moscow in 2014. We promote WIPO services in Russia as well as Russian-language information about the Organization. We also undertake research, development, outreach and capacity building activities.
Find out more
Users can conduct searches in this free collection of patent documents - including international patent applications submitted under the PCT and Russia's national patent collection - in English and nine other languages.
Our staff regularly participate in other IP events in Russia:
- Research and Practical Conference on IP Enforcement in the context of Technological Development (October 24 and 25, 2019, Tomsk)
- Roundtable on Actual Trends in IP Teaching, Management and Legislation. Cooperation with WIPO (October 21, 2019, Moscow) (Moscow State Institute of International Relations)
- XXIII International conference of Rospatent (October 16 and 17, 2019, Moscow)
- XXI Agro-Industrial Exhibition “Golden Autumn” (October 9 to 12, 2019, Moscow)
- IP Academy with participation of WIPO representatives (September 18-20, 2019, Moscow, Technopark Skolkovo)
- Conference “Legal Issues of Pharmaceutical Industry”(September 12, 2019, Moscow)
- National Seminar on Intellectual Property for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Event (APEC) (September 10-12, 2019, Vladivostok)
WIPO services and products in Russia
Russia joined the PCT in 1978 and is now among the top 10 countries in respect of national phase entries of PCT applications.
Russia joined the Madrid System in 1976 and is now one of the top five most designated member countries in international registrations.
On November 30, 2017, the Government of the Russian Federation deposited its instrument of ratification of the Geneva (1999) Act of the Hague Agreement making it the 67th member of the Hague Union. The Act will enter into force on February 28, 2018. Read more – Russian Federation joins the Hague System
Russia and WIPO initiatives
IP summer schools
Every year, WIPO and the Russian Federation organize the WIPO–Russia Summer School on IP, providing students and young professionals with the opportunity to acquire a deeper knowledge of IP.
Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs) provide innovators in developing countries with access to locally-based, high quality technology information and related services. Today the total number of TISCs in the Russian Federation is more than 170.
We organize and/or finance study visits to WIPO headquarters for various stakeholders, including IP students, as well as representatives of NGOs, state bodies, private bodies etc. Contact us to find out more.