Technology and Innovation Support Centers
The WIPO Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) program provides innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, helping them to exploit their innovative potential and to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property (IP) rights.
Services offered by TISCs may include:
- access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
- assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- training in database search;
- on-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- monitoring technology and competitors;
- basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
WIPO INSPIRE is our latest digital product to help innovators spread innovation for the widest human benefit. It is a platform that helps users reach informed decisions on the patent-search tools that suit them best in their work, whether they are examining patents or making R&D related decisions. Patents disclose important technical information that also serves as building blocks for other innovators and innovations. WIPO INSPIRE facilitates this process and we hope that it will pave the way for more innovations to move faster to the market.