Technology and Innovation Support Centers
The WIPO Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) program provides innovators in developing countries with access to locally based, high quality technology information and related services, helping them to exploit their innovative potential and to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property (IP) rights.
Services offered by TISCs may include:
- access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
- assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- training in database search;
- on-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- monitoring technology and competitors;
- basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
We are delighted to share our annual report on the TISC program and its wealth of activities and initiatives carried out around the world. This year marks the tenth anniversary of the launch of the program and this report showcases the progress and achievements it has made in that time.Francis Gurry, WIPO Director General