IP for Innovators Department
The IP for Innovators Department provides local technology and innovation support through three key activity pillars:
- Capacity building to develop institutional innovation ecosystems of universities, knowledge transfer organizations and other research and development institutions to effectively access and use technological information and knowledge found in patent and scientific and technical literature databases, and to manage IP from creation to the commercialization of products and services based on research outcomes;
- Providing resources, tools and platforms to enable active local innovation support;
- Networking nationally, regionally and virtually to share experiences and best practices as effectively as possible.
Our activities include:
- Creating and promoting sustainable Technology and Innovation Support Centers (TISCs) and other Technology Transfer Structures to provide researchers, inventors and entrepreneurs with access to IP systems, locally based, high quality technology information and related services;
- Facilitating access to specialized technical content through public-private partnerships, in particular the Access to Research for Development and Innovation (ARDI) program to some of the world’s major scientific and technical journals and the Access to Specialized Patent Information (ASPI) program to commercial patent databases;
- Using patent analytics to translate complex data into actionable information and knowledge to support evidence-based decision-making; Key products and activities include the WIPO Technology Trends (WITT) publication and Patent Landscape Reports to identify developments and technology trends in areas of public interest;
- Providing the WIPO INSPIRE platform which described the features and functionalities of patent databases around the world and which includes other useful tools and resources, including the eTISC knowledge-sharing platform;
- Providing tools, such as the WIPO IP Toolkit for universities and research institutions and a searchable Institutional IP Policy database, to support institutional IP ecosystems, IPR management by researchers and businesses and technology transfer for commercialization.
Senior Director: Alejandro ROCA CAMPAÑA
- Reporting to: Marco ALEMAN
- Sector: IP and Innovation Ecosystems Sector