The technology licensing program covers the creation, protection, management and exploitation of IP assets. It is aimed at professionals in developing and transition countries seeking to build practical skills in IP licensing or valuation. The level and scope of the training can be customized to the particular needs and demands of member states.
- explains the fundamental notions of licensing, how it should be used in business, and differences with other IP-related contracts (development collaboration, sponsored research, material transfer or service research agreement);
- teaches the key terms of a licensing agreement, the mechanics of a negotiation and guidelines for drafting; and
- includes practical exercises in the negotiation and drafting of licenses.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- identify potential business opportunities and risks in particular licensing agreements;
- participate successfully in licensing negotiations; and
- contribute to the content of licensing agreements, in collaboration with legal counsel and other team members.