The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will launch the first report in a new “Technology Trends” series at its HQ in Geneva, Switzerland, on January 31, 2019 (10:00-14:00 CET). The report looks into artificial intelligence (AI) technologies.
About the report
This groundbreaking report focuses on:
- technologies and trends, comparing patenting activity to scientific publications;
- top players from industry and academia across different technologies and application fields;
- geographical distribution of AI patent protection; and
- existing AI policies and future prospects.
The analysis is based on patent and scientific literature data. It is complemented by business information as well as by contributions from leading experts in the field.
About the event
This event will present the findings of the WIPO Technology Trends report on artificial intelligence technologies, including key trends and players in the field. Panel discussions will:
- consider the results of the report;
- examine opportunities and challenges arising from AI;
- look at the use of AI across different sectors; and
- analyze the role of universities, companies and governments in shaping the evolution of AI.
An open discussion will allow audience members to interact directly with top experts in the field of AI. The audience is expected to include policymakers, researchers, industry professionals, investors, patent specialists, public policy advocates, and journalists.