WIPO cooperates with intellectual property (IP) offices, users and other stakeholders to develop shared IP tools, services, standards, databases and platforms.
This technical infrastructure is designed to help IP institutions collaborate more effectively and deliver more efficient services to their users; as well as enabling innovators and information-seekers worldwide to freely access the knowledge contained in the IP system.
Our approach to building global technical infrastructure includes the development and sharing of:
- common IP standards and classifications;
- global IP databases and other digital IP information;
- patent information and other IP information resources;
- technology innovation support center (TISC) networks;
- business solutions to support IP office functions;
- artificial intelligence and new technologies.