- Innovation and Access to Medical Technologies: Challenges and Opportunities for Middle-income Countries – Joint Technical Symposium by WHO, WIPO and WTO (November 5, 2014)
- The Symposium Medical Innovation - Changing Business Models: A Joint Technical Symposium by WHO, WIPO and WTO (July 5, 2013)
- WHO, WIPO, WTO release study on health innovation and access to medicines (February 5, 2013)
- Licensing and Prices: New Approaches in the Pharmaceutical Sector Video (June 27, 2012)
- Press Conference and Round Table: WIPO Re:Search (October 26, 2011)
- Access to Medicines, Patent Information and Freedom to Operate: A Joint Technical Symposium by WHO, WIPO and WTO (February 18, 2011)
- Workshop on Patent Searches and Freedom to Operate (February 17, 2011 )
- Access to Medicines: Pricing and Procurement Practices - A Joint Technical Symposium by WHO, WIPO and WTO (July 16, 2010)
This Symposium presented in a factual manner the experiences of international and regional agencies in the pricing and procurement of medicines as important determinants of access.
- WIPO Symposium on the Evolution of the Regulatory Framework of Test Data (February 8, 2010)
This Symposium focused on legal practice and experience in test data protection in the pharmaceutical industry. Participants included representatives of intergovernmental organizations, regulatory agencies and industry.
- WIPO Symposium on Future Challenges of International Law: The Way Forward in Patenting Biotechnology (November 25, 2009)
Organized in cooperation with the University of Berne and the World Trade Institute (WTI), this Symposium addressed the interface between biotechnology, IP rights and international trade, and also explored options for the international patent system following the WTO Doha Round. The Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) presented research conducted in the framework of its International Trade Project on Biotechnology. The program presented case studies on animal and human genetic resources, as well as future challenges regarding the international regulation of IP rights and biotechnology from the WIPO and WTO perspectives.
- WIPO Symposium on Public Sector IP Management in the Life Sciences (December 15, 2008)
This Symposium explored different national approaches, institutional policies and public-private partnerships in public sector management of IP in the life sciences. It included representatives from WIPO Member States (Cuba, Germany, South Africa, USA), the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), the WHO, the Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative (DNDI).
- WIPO Symposium on Public Policy Patent Landscaping in the Life Sciences (April 7 and 8, 2008)
Organized in cooperation with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, this Symposium included a peer review of a WIPO-FAO Patent Search Project on plant genetic resources for food and agriculture, as well as discussions on patent landscaping in public health.
- WIPO Symposium on Intellectual Property and Life Sciences Regulation (November 16, 2007)
Organized by WIPO in cooperation with the Stockholm Network, this Symposium discussed the IP dimension of protecting regulatory data related to pharmaceutical and agricultural products. It addressed exceptions to patent rights for regulatory processes, the grant of patent term extensions to compensate for regulatory requirements, and the challenge of regulating new technologies – as well as biological pharmaceuticals and diverse approaches to linking patent protection with regulatory approval.
- WIPO Symposium on Current Issues in Intellectual Property and Public Health (September 19, 2007)
A half-day Symposium in which representatives of WIPO Member States (Chile, France, Thailand), the WHO, the World Trade Organization (WTO), the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA) and Médecins sans frontières (MSF) (Doctors without Borders) discussed current issues in IP and public health.
- WIPO Symposium on IP and Bioethics (September 4, 2007)
The Symposium looked at implications of intellectual property rights and their ethical underpinnings.