Baltimore, Maryland - November 10, 2009
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is organizing a one-day seminar on the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Independent Inventors on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 in Baltimore, Maryland, and on Friday, November 13, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
The purposes of this one-day seminar are to:
(1) Provide small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and independent inventors with an overview of the Patent Cooperation Treaty, an important tool for seeking patents in multiple countries around the world, and
(2) Provide direct access to staff of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to learn more about the PCT and its advantages, and the reasons why it should form part of an SME or independent inventor business strategy.
This seminar is targeted to SMEs and independent inventors but may also be of use to anyone who has a general interest in the PCT and in protecting their inventions internationally.
Participants will have opportunities for interactive discussion and exchange of views with WIPO staff on all aspects of the PCT. Suggestions from participants as to how the PCT can be further improved and enhanced to make it more accessible to SMEs and independent inventors are particularly welcome.
- Overview of the PCT system
- International Search and Preliminary Examination
- Effective use of patent information – PATENTSCOPE® service
- Costs for filing a PCT application
- PCT filing strategies
- PCT and licensing activities
- Electronic filing of PCT applications
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
Baltimore Convention Centre
1 West Pratt Street
Baltimore MD 21201
United States of America
No registration fee will be charged for attendance at this seminar. To participate in this free-of-charge event, please complete the on-line registration form
PCT Outreach and User Relations Section
PCT Legal Division