Fees and Payments – Lisbon System
Under the Lisbon system, all fees must be paid in Swiss francs (CHF).
Types of fees
- fee for international registration: 1,000 Swiss francs
- fee for one modification of an international registration: 500 Swiss francs
- complementary fee for additional modification(s) submitted in the same request: 300 Swiss francs
- fee for providing an extract from the International Register: 150 Swiss francs
- fee for providing an attestation or any other written information concerning the contents of the International Register: 100 Swiss francs
- individual fees under the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement
- fee reductions in respect of least developed countries (LDCs)
There are three ways to submit your fees to WIPO: Current Account at WIPO, bank transfer, or postal transfer (within Europe only). WIPO does not accept payment by cash or check. Any checks received will be returned to the sender.
Current Account at WIPO
PayPal is available for payment of all fees for filings via eLisbon.
Customers require their own PayPal account.
There are two ways to pay via direct debit from your Current Account at WIPO:
- Indicate your Current Account at WIPO number on your application form (refer to section 10 ("Registration fee")); or
- Send us a written debit request. The debit request must clearly indicate your Current Account at WIPO number and the Account holder's name. You must also include a statement of the purpose of the transaction containing all relevant information regarding the application (appellation name and type of fees) in the reference of your payment.
You must provide the following information when you submit your payment. Failure to provide all the information listed below will delay the processing of your application and/or result in issuance of an irregularity notice:
- Appellation name
- Type of fees:
- Registration of an appellation of origin, or
- Entry of a modification of a registration
If your payment involves an entry of a modification of a registration, please indicate the related AO number.
If your payment involves more than one request, please send us a list containing each request and the amount to be paid.
All payments will be processed in Swiss francs (CHF). You will be responsible for any additional fees charged by your bank or any intermediary bank.
WIPO Bank transfer details
Please take into consideration that a bank transfer can take a minimum of three or more open days to reach our bank account depending on the originating country.
- Account name: WIPO / OMPI
- Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70
- IBAN: CH51 0483 5048 7080 8100 0
- Swift: CRESCHZZ80A
WIPO Postal transfer details (within Europe only)
Please take into consideration that a postal transfer may take a minimum of seven or more open days to reach our postal account.
- Account name: WIPO / OMPI
- SWISS POST/Postfinance, Engelhaldenstrasse 37, CH-3030 Bern
- IBAN: CH03 0900 0000 1200 5000 8
- Swift: POFICHBE
: WIPO recommends that bank and postal transfers are made well in advance of any application deadline. WIPO will send a receipt to the Payer within 10 days of the date your bank or postal transfer is received.
If you do not receive a WIPO receipt within 10 days of submitting your payment, please contact us
Warning – Failure to pay your fees in full will result in the issuance of an irregularity notice. The notice will contain a payment deadline (typically 3 months), after which the application will be rejected.
If you do not receive a payment acknowledgement within 10 days of submitting your payment, please contact us.
To request a refund, please fill in the refund form.