Referral to WIPO mediation is consensual. A WIPO mediation can only take place if both parties have agreed to such procedure by means of a WIPO mediation clause in the relevant contract, or by means of a WIPO mediation submission agreement.
In the absence of a mediation agreement between the parties, a party that wishes to propose submitting a dispute to mediation may submit a unilateral Request for WIPO Mediation in writing to the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center and to the other party, in accordance with Article 4 of the WIPO Mediation Rules. The WIPO Center may assist the parties in considering the Request for Mediation.
WIPO Mediation Toolbox
- WIPO Mediation Rules
- Recommended WIPO Contract Clauses and Submission Agreements
- WIPO Clause Generator
- Request for WIPO Mediation
- Unilateral Request for WIPO Mediation
- Schedule of Fees and Costs for WIPO Mediation
- Fee Calculator
- WIPO Mediators
- WIPO Online Case Administration Tools (WIPO eADR)
- Additional information on WIPO Mediation