The Center believes that mediation should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and mediators, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the dispute.
|Amount in Dispute||Administration Fee||Mediator’s Fees|
|Up to $250,000||$250||$2,500(*)|
|Over $250,000||0.10% of the value of the mediation, up to a maximum fee of $10,000||$300-$600 per hour(**)||$1,500-$3,500 per day(**)|
(*) Indicative rates for 10 hours of preparation and mediation.
(**) Indicative rates.
- The value of the mediation is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Mediation does not indicate any claims for a monetary amount or the dispute concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $1,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the mediator, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- A mediator shall be required to maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the mediation. Following the termination of the mediation, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the mediator's invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the mediator, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the mediator, taking into consideration the hourly or daily rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the mediation, the total time spent by the mediator, the diligence of the mediator and the rapidity of the mediation proceedings.
- For the purposes of calculating the costs of the mediation, the amount of claims expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall be converted if necessary to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- A 25% reduction on the Center's administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders of international registrations under the Hague system or the Madrid system, or WIPO Green technology providers or seekers.
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fees paid to it in connection with a Request for Mediation pursuant to Article 4(a) of the WIPO Mediation Rules against the administration fees payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO mediation regarding the same dispute. The amount and the currency of the fees of an external neutral appointed pursuant to Article 4(b) of the WIPO Mediation Rules and the modalities and timing of their payment shall be fixed by the Center, after consultation with the external neutral and the parties.
Payment Information Details
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH6804835063039782000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH3304835048708082003, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH5104835048708081000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in GBP: WIPO Account IBAN CH6504835048708082000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
ii) Deduction from Current Account at WIPO
iii) Credit Card:
For more information please contact email@example.com
2. Payments by check or in cash will not be accepted. Checks will be returned to the sender.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.