Department for Economics and Data Analytics
The Department for Economics and Data Analytics is responsible for collecting statistics on intellectual property (IP) activity worldwide and making these statistics available to the public. In addition, the Division carries out economic analysis on how IP and innovation policy choices affect economic performance.
Our activities include:
- Conducting annual statistical survey on IP activity worldwide;
- Presenting IP statistics through reports, country profiles, and the Statistics Data Center;
- Co-developing the Global Innovation Index;
- Publishing the bi-annual World Intellectual Property Report; and
- Providing study inputs as requested by WIPO Committees.
Further details available in the latest Program and Budget Report.