Trinidad and Tobago
Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (Incorporation) Act No. 6 of 2000
- Short title
- Aims and objects
- Powers of the Foundation
- Transfer and vesting of property
- Mode of execution of documents
- Service of documents
- Power to make rules
- Saving of State and other rights
Legal Supplement Part A to the “Trinidad and Tobago Gazette’’, Vol. 39, No. 73, 19th April, 2000
Fifth Session Fifth Parliament Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
Act No. 6 of 2000
AN ACT for the incorporation of the Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago and for matters incidental thereto.
[Assented to 12th April, 2000]
WHEREAS since the 16th day of October, 1994 there has been established in Trinidad and Tobago an Organisation known as the Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago:
98 No. 6 Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago 2000 (Incorporation)
Aims and objects
And whereas it is expedient that the Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago be incorporated for the purposes hereinafter set forth:
ENACTED by the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago as follows:
- This Act may be cited as the Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (Incorporation) Act, 2000.
- The Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (hereinafter called “the Foundation”) is hereby created a body corporate.
3. The aims and objects of the Foundation are—
- to promote, enhance, research and, in all aspects advance the Chutney artform and its presentation to the world, through all available media and entertainment forms;
- to encourage amalgamation with and to promote, enhance, research and advance its presentations to the world, any other entertainment body having objects similar, either wholly, or in part, to those of the Foundation;
- to purchase or otherwise acquire and obtain exclusive and other interests of copyrights in the works of the members and other artistes with similar cultural and artistic talents and any other rights of, or in, sounds, music, cinematography and other film, works and compositions;
- to offer consultation and advice on authentic traditions and desired developments in the Chutney artform to any other bodies involved in undertakings related to the artform;
No. 6 Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago 2000 99 (Incorporation)
- to support, contribute to, or work in association with, any other body which may have, or be working towards the attainment of aims and objects similar to those herein; and
- to do all such other things as may be necessary, incidential or conductive to the attainment of the above aims and objects.
4. The Foundation shall have power—
- to acquire by purchase, transfer, donation, exchange, devise, bequest, grant, gift, conveyance or however otherwise, any real or personal property or any estate or interest therein;
- to accept surrenders of reconveyances and to enter into contracts;
- to sell, exchange, demise, mortgage, or otherwise dispose of and deal with all property which may for the time being be vested in it subject to any restraint, reservation or condition contained in the document under which it has acquired title thereto; and
- to obtain and accept subscriptions, donations, grants, gifts, including personal and real property, and other bequests from individuals, firms and other institutions.
- All real or personal property of whatever nature now held by or vested in any person for the use and benefit of the Foundation is hereby transferred to and vested in the Foundation.
- All documents requiring the seal of the Foundation shall be sealed with the common seal of the Foundation in the presence of the President and Secretary for the time being in office, or in the event of
Powers of the
Transfer and vesting of property
Mode of execution of documents
100 No. 6 Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago 2000 (Incorporation)
Service of documents
Power to make rules
Saving of State and other rights
incapacity, in the presence of some other person or persons authorized for that purpose by the Foundation, who shall each sign every document and such signing shall be prima facie evidence that the said seal was duly affixed and that the same is the lawful seal of the Foundation.
7. (1) The Foundation shall at all times have a fixed address in Trinidad and Tobago for the service of documents on the Foundation and that address and any change thereof shall be registered with the Registrar General within twenty-eight days of the date of incorporation or the change of address, as the case may be.
- Every document to be served on the Foundation may be served by leaving the same at or by sending the same by registered post to the registered address of the Foundation.
- Failure to register the address and any change thereof is a summary offence and renders the Foundation liable to a fine of one hundred and twenty dollars and to a further fine of ten dollars for each day during which the offence continues after conviction therefor.
- The Foundation may from time to time make rules for the proper conduct of its proceedings and discharge of its duties, powers and functions and may also amend such rules.
- Nothing in this Act shall affect or be deemed to affect the rights of the State, or of any bodies politic or corporate, or of any persons, except such as are mentioned or referred to in this Act and those claiming by, through, from or under them.
No. 6 Chutney Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago 2000 101 (Incorporation)
Passed in the House of Representatives this 18th day of February, 2000.
Clerk of the House
Passed in the Senate this 29th day of February, 2000.
Clerk of the Senate
Senate Amendments agreed to by the House of Representatives this 10th day of March, 2000.
Clerk of the House
PRINTED BY THE GOVERNMENT PRINTER, PORT-OF-SPAIN REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO—2000