The Global Network of Intellectual Property (IP) Academies (GNIPA) is a network of training and research institutions (IP Academies) established within national or regional IP offices as well as certain intergovernmental organizations.
Enhancing international cooperation and exchanging experiences, tools and materials related to IP education, training and research.
GNIPA Declarations and Action Plans
- Rio Declaration
- Beijing Action Plan
- Munich Action Plan
- Follow up of Munich Action Plan
- Washington Recommendations
Membership of GNPA is open to interested national and regional IP Academies and similar institutions. They may join the GNIPA by filling out the membership application form and sending it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WIPO Academy acts as Secretariat of GNIPA together with the last and next host of the GNIPA Symposia.
- First Symposium (Rio de Janeiro, March 21 to 23, 2007)
- Second Symposium (Beijing, May 8 and 9, 2008)
- Third Symposium (Munich, June 9 and 10, 2009)
- Fourth Symposium (Seoul, August 24 to 26, 2010)
- Fifth Symposium (Washington D.C., August 23 to 25, 2011)
- Sixth Symposium (Tokyo, May 21 to 23, 2013)
- Seventh Symposium (dates and venue will be communicated in due time)