The External Auditor provides an opinion on WIPO’s financial statements and on the compliance of transactions with the Financial Regulations and Rules .
He or she may also make observations regarding the efficiency of the financial procedures, the accounting system, the internal financial controls, and, in general, the administration and management of WIPO.
The External Auditor is appointed by the WIPO General Assembly for a non-renewable six-year term.
Recent Reports by the External Auditor
- Audit of 2011 financial statements
- Financial Supervision Audit on the Construction Projects and the Building Security Project
- Information Technology Audit on the Project to Implement the AIMS System
- Financial Supervision Audit of WIPO’s Involvement with the United Nations International Computing Centre (UNICC)
Other Related Documents
- External Audit Work Plan for the period of June 2013 to May 2014
- Terms of Reference governing External Audit
- Report of the Selection Panel for the Appointment of the WIPO External Auditor