What is the future of music? As World IP Day 2015 – “Get up, stand up. For Music” shows, the world’s creators are already hard at work laying down the next tracks.
For those of us in the audience, one thing seems clear: The ubiquitous use of Internet- connected personal devices like smartphones, together with new online platforms for streaming music, means we will enjoy greater choice of tunes and more freedom to enjoy them when and where we wish.
Seeking to connect us better, inventors around the world are adding elegance and ease of use to the humble earphone, with its often tangled cords and ill-fitting earbud.
Below, a selection of innovative takes on the earphone that may one day link you up with your favorite sounds. The titles and images are taken from patent applications filed via WIPO’s PCT international patent filing system.
1. Magnetic earphones holder
2. Necklace-type audio output apparatus that can be adjusted in length
3. Bluetooth headset assembly
4. Bluetooth transmission and reception device with antenna in ear hook and method therefor
5. Earphone facilitating winding and unwinding of earphone cord
6. Earphone storage device
7. Headphone speaker sanitary cover for preventing contamination and infectious diseases due to sebum and sweat