The Patent Law Treaty (PLT) Web Forum was established in 2005 pursuant to a decision of the PLT Assembly at its first session in order to:
- prepare the draft modifications of the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) request Form under PLT Rule 20(2);
- prepare the draft Model International Forms under the PLT; and
- review the applicability of revisions, amendments and modifications of the PCT to the PLT.
The Forum is open to PLT Contracting parties and/or PCT Contracting States as well as intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations which have observer status in the PLT Assembly and/or the Standing Committee on the Law of Patents (SCP).
The Forum is intended to be used for consultations on the above issues prior to the PLT Assembly. It allows the electronic distribution of drafts, and the submission by e-mail of comments and observations. However, as decided by the PLT Assembly, alternative methods of participation, such as facsimile transmission or post are provided for those members or observers who wish to participate in the Forum but do not have access to electronic communication means.
This questionnaire is intended to gather information from the PLT contracting parties on how the PLT is implemented at the national/regional level, and to share such information with current and future PLT contracting parties, as well as with patent practitioners and the public.
The national and regional patent offices of the PLT Contracting States are invited to complete this questionnaire. The completed questionnaire should be returned by any of the following means:
- Facsimile: +41-22-338-8830
- Postal mail: WIPO, 34, chemin des Colombettes, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Adopted by the PLT Assembly at its second session (September-October 2006):
- Model international request form | notes
- Power of attorney | notes
- Request for recordation of change in name or address | notes
- Request for correction of mistake | notes
Adopted by the PLT Assembly at its third session (September-October 2007)
(entry into force on April 1, 2008):