The WIPO Academy held the International Conference of WIPO Intellectual Property Training Institutions (IPTIs) on May 23 and 24, 2022. The conference brought together partner institutions of WIPO Academy IPTIs to share their experiences and discuss intellectual property (IP) education and training initiatives that they have implemented for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs); women entrepreneurs, innovators and creators; and the youth.
The conference was held virtually in English, French and Spanish with the support of simultaneous interpretation.
What was covered?
The International Conference of WIPO IPTIs covered a range of topics from IPTIs in different regions of the world such as:
- IP education as a tool for economic recovery post-COVID-19 (Peru)
- How IP education can close the gender gap in IP? (Dominican Republic)
- Taking the youth on an IP discovery journey (Egypt)
- Leveraging IP education for SMEs and agricultural producers (Georgia)
- Impact of IP training in micro-enterprises led by women (El Salvador)
- Creating value in the local culture through IP education (Trinidad and Tobago)