Date: January 1, 2020
The Norwegian Industrial Property Office (NIPO) notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as both a depositing office and an accessing office with effect from January 1, 2020.
- NIPO as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of Patent, Trademark and National Industrial Design applications and PCT international applications filed with the office on and after 01.01.2018, where applicant specifically requests services to be available;
- NIPO as an accessing Office will recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the time for furnishing the priority document has not expired by January 1, 2019.
- As an Accessing Office, the Office will accept color, greyscale black and white documents in PDF format as deposited by depositing Office.
- For patent applications, all documents and information will be exchanged in black and white and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO PCT-EDI;
The following practical information may be useful to applicants:
- A request to the NIPO to make an application available through the service may be made by using the intended Request Form, available to clients in Altinn (altinn.no) or by sending a request to the office clearly stating the relevant application number and indicating that it should be made available to the WIPO Digital Access Service;
- To request the NIPO as accessing Office to retrieve the document from the service, the applicant should indicate this in the application form or in a later request to the Office.
- The NIPO’s national and international applications hosted in the library will have the following formats: YYYYNNNN (patent applications), YYYYNNNN (industrial design applications) and YYYYYNNNNN (trademark applications).
- Further details on the NIPO’s participation in the service will be made available ot the Office's website.