Education, training, support, and awareness-raising are at the core of the capability and capacity building activities that FIT Japan IP Global contributes to and/or undertakes.
Each year selected students are granted scholarships to study MIP degrees offered jointly by WIPO and African academic institutions, namely Africa University (Zimbabwe) and l’Université de Yaoundé II (Cameroon). Up to 12 students are selected per program.
- Congratulations to the Graduates of the Joint Master’s in IP with Africa University and ARIPO, June 11, 2022, Mutare (Zimbabwe)
- Sub Regional Workshop in MIP Program, Africa University, From University Research to Intellectual Property, Commercialization and Entrepreneurship, June 3 and 4, 2021, Virtual.
News article | Meeting documents
- Published - Landmark Intellectual Property Textbook from an African perspective.
Each year up to 10 selected students are granted scholarships by FIT Japan IP Global to participate in the WIPO Summer School in South Africa.
A number of participants are granted scholarships by FIT Japan IP Global to attend Geneva workshop in the WIPO International Patent Drafting Training Program.
- Building a Community to Translate Innovation Into Growth.
In 1997, the first two fellowships under the FIT Japan fellowship program were awarded to a senior lecturer from Delhi University and to a senior manager from China’s State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) of China. The fellowships were awarded to teachers or trainers of industrial property in industrial property offices, and faculty members engaged in the training or teaching of industrial property at universities.
- Research by Long-Term Fellows Supported by Japan FIT/IP
List of research themes
Following the successful initial fellowship program at Osaka Institute of Technology (OIT) since 2016, three months’ fellowship at Japanese Universities has been offered to selected technology transfer professionals.
Under the pandemic of COVID-19 since 2020, the Online IP Study Courses, as a substitute program for this fellowship have been successfully held at the OIT.
- Online IP study courses in Osaka, Japan, May 12 to July 29, 2022
- Online IP study courses in Osaka, Japan, September 28 to December 14, 2021
- Online IP study courses in Osaka, Japan, September 29, 2020 to January 19, 2021
Two-week period fellowship programs have been offered to IP-support institutions’ staffs in developing countries, who have completed the L.L.M course on IP under the WIPO scholarship. Participants of this program obtain the opportunity to gain practical experiences in patent firms, university technology transfer offices, or IP management offices of private companies and science parks in Japan.