WIPO Schedule of Fees and Costs
WIPO Expert Determination
The Center believes that expert determination should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and experts, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the matter.
(All amounts are in United States dollars)
|Amount in Dispute
|Up to $250,000
||0.10% of the value of the expert determination, up to a maximum fee of $10,000
||$300-$600 per hour (**)
||$1,500-$3,500 per day (**)
(*) Indicative rates for 10 hours of work.
(**) Indicative rates.
- The value of the expert determination is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Expert Determination does not indicate a monetary amount or where the matter referred to expert determination concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $1,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the Expert, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fee paid to it in connection with a WIPO mediation or WIPO arbitration against the administration fee payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO expert determination regarding the same dispute.
- Prior to the appointment of the Expert, the Center shall fix an Expert’s hourly or daily fee rate, in consultation with the parties and the Expert. In so doing, the Center shall take into account any amount concerned, the complexity of the matter referred to expert determination, the Expert’s qualifications, any comparable rates for an expert in the relevant area of expertise, and any other relevant circumstances of the case.
- The Expert shall maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the expert determination, as well as of any expenses made in connection with the expert determination. Following the completion or the termination of the expert determination, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the Expert’s invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the Expert, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the Expert, taking into consideration the hourly or daily rates and maximum rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the expert determination, the total time spent by the Expert, the diligence of the Expert and the rapidity of the expert determination proceedings.
- For the purposes of calculating the costs of the expert determination proceedings, the amount of claims expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall be converted to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the offical United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- A 25% reduction on the Center’s administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders of international registrations under the Hague system or the Madrid system, WIPO Green technology providers or seekers, or an SME (an entity with less than 250 employees).
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fees paid to it in connection with a Request for Expert Determination pursuant to Article 6(a) of the WIPO Expert Determination Rules against the administration fees payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO expert determination regarding the same dispute. The amount and the currency of the fees of an external neutral appointed pursuant to Article 6(b) of the WIPO Expert Determination Rules and the modalities and timing of their payment shall be fixed by the Center, after consultation with the external neutral and the parties.
Payment Information Details
Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH6804835063039782000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH3304835048708082003, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH5104835048708081000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in GBP: WIPO Account IBAN CH6504835048708082000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
- Payments by check or in cash will not be accepted. Checks will be returned to the sender.
- All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.