ADR in Tech Disputes – Smart Contracts and the InsurTech Landscape
Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CET (Webinar)
The WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center is pleased to present a webinar on the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods in respect of cases on technology and smart contracts, with particular emphasis on the insurance technology (InsurTech) landscape.
During this webinar Clyde & Co Partners Lee Bacon (also founder of Clyde Code) and Alejandro Garcia, together with Margarita Kato (WIPO Center) and Bruno Vandermuelen, an in-house IP Specialist at Impact Licensing Initiative, will identify the key benefits and challenges faced by industry participants in the use of ADR for specific tech disputes, while also providing a unique insight into the commercial insurance market.
The speakers will cover the following:
- The choice and use of ADR in technology-related disputes
- The use of technology in international dispute resolution and international trends in arbitration
- The use of online dispute resolution arising from smart contracts: 'blockchain arbitration' and 'AI arbitration'
- Case studies of smart contracts in the commercial insurance market: Clyde Code and parametric insurance
- ADR as a mechanism of enforceability and key recommendations to minimise and avoid InsurTech disputes
- Case studies of technology-related disputes from an in-house perspective
- Case studies of technology-related disputes arising before the WIPO Center
- The use of AI technology in international dispute resolution and future predictions