WIPO Schedule of Fees and Costs
WIPO Arbitration / WIPO Expedited Arbitration
The Center believes that arbitration should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and arbitrators, the Center ensures that all fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the dispute. The costs of arbitration depend on different factors, including the amount in dispute and its complexity. The parties’ conduct will also have an impact on the costs of the arbitration.
WIPO Expedited Arbitration provides for fixed arbitration costs when the amount in dispute is up to US$ 10 million.
(All amounts are in United States dollars)
|Type of Fee
||Amount in Dispute
|Administration Fee (*)
||Up to $2.5M
|Over $2.5M and up to $10M
+0.1% of amount over $2.5M up to a maximum fee of $17,500
+0.05% of amount over $10 M up to a maximum fee of $40,000
|Arbitrator(s) Fees (*)
||Up to $2.5M
||$20,000 (fixed fee) (**)
As agreed by the Center in consultation with the parties and the arbitrator(s)
$300 to $600 per hour
|Over $2.5M and up to $10M
||$40,000 (fixed fee) (**)
||As agreed by the Center in consultation with the parties and the arbitrator
(*) Each bracket indicates the total amount of the fees payable in a dispute, e.g. the administration fee payable in an expedited arbitration when the amount in dispute is $5 million is $10,000 (and not a fee of $12,000 which would have resulted from adding the fees of $10,000 and $2,000).
(**) May be reduced or increased based on the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and the time spent by the arbitrator.
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fees paid to it in connection with a WIPO mediation or a WIPO expert determination against the registration and administration fees payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO arbitration regarding the same dispute.
- Where the Request for Arbitration does not indicate any claims for a monetary amount or the dispute concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $4,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. Where the Request for Expedited Arbitration does not indicate any claims for a monetary amount or the dispute concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $2,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the arbitral tribunal and by taking into account the costs of the proceedings pursuant to Article 73 and 74 of the WIPO Arbitration Rules and Articles 65 and 66 of the WIPO Expedited Arbitration Rules, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- Prior to the establishment of the arbitral tribunal, the Center shall fix an arbitrator's hourly or daily fee rate, in consultation with the parties and the arbitrator. In so doing, the Center shall take into consideration such factors as the amounts in dispute, the number of parties, the complexity of the dispute and the status and any special qualifications required of the arbitrator.
- An arbitrator shall be required to maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the arbitration. Following the termination of the arbitration, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the arbitrator's invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the arbitral tribunal, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the sole arbitrator or each of the respective amounts to be paid to the presiding arbitrator and the other members of a three-member tribunal, taking into consideration the hourly or daily rates and maximum rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the arbitration, the total time spent by the arbitrator, time reserved but not used as a result of the late postponement or cancellation of hearings, the diligence of the arbitral tribunal and the rapidity of the arbitration proceedings.
- For the purposes of calculating the costs of the arbitration, the amount of claims expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall be converted if necessary to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- For the purpose of calculating the arbitrators fees, the value of any counterclaim should be added to the amount of the claim.
- Only paragraphs 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 above apply to Expedited Arbitration proceedings.
- A 25% reduction on the Center’s registration and administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders of international registrations under the Hague system or the Madrid system, WIPO Green technology providers or seekers, or an SME (an entity with less than 250 employees).
Payment Information Details
Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
- Beneficiary: WIPO / OMPI, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland
- SWIFT Code: CRESCHZZ80A
- WIPO Account details (IBAN):
- Payments in USD: IBAN CH6804835063039782000
- Payments in EUR: IBAN CH3304835048708082003
- Payments in CHF: IBAN CH5104835048708081000
- Payments in GBP: IBAN CH6504835048708082000
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
- Payments by check or in cash will not be accepted. Checks will be returned to the sender.
- All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.