The WIPO Independent Advisory Oversight Committee (IAOC) is an external expert advisory body that assists member states with oversight of WIPO’s operations.
The Committee’s mandate includes the promotion of internal controls, reviewing the effectiveness and operational independence of the internal oversight function, and reviewing and advising on the ethics function.
Committee members serve in their personal capacity and shall not seek or receive any instructions from any Government or any other party.
- Bert Keuppens (Belgium) – Chair
- Igors Ludboržs (Latvia) – Vice-Chair
- Maria Vicien-Milburn (Argentina)
- Tatiana Vasileva (Russian Federation)
- Mukesh Arya (India)
- Othman Sharif (United Republic of Tanzania)
- Zhang Long (China)