Office of the Controller
The Office of the Controller, under the supervision of the Controller, is responsible for compliance with WIPO's financial regulations and rules, as well as risk management, internal controls, policy development, and management of cost efficiencies. The Controller is supported by the Assistant Controller. The Office of the Controller also provides the Secretariat of the Program and Budget Committee. In accordance with WIPO financial regulations and rules, the Director General delegates authority and assigns responsibility for the implementation of these rules to the Controller.
Our activities include:
- Comprehensive financial, performance and risk reporting data to WIPO senior management.
- Follow-up, coordination, response to, and implementation of audit and oversight recommendations (internal and external).
- Development and implementation of WIPO's Accountability Framework and risk and internal control management strategy.
- Strategic overview and coordination of cost efficiency initiatives across WIPO.
- Planning, preparation, and conduct of the meetings of the Program and Budget Committee.
- Design and execution of WIPO's fraud prevention activities, including fraud awareness, policy, risk assessments and controls.