Office of the Controller
The Office of the Controller is responsible for compliance with WIPO's financial regulations and rules, as well as risk management, internal controls, policy development, and management of cost efficiencies. It also provides the Secretariat of the Program and Budget Committee. In accordance with WIPO financial regulations and rules, the Director General delegates authority and assigns responsibility for the implementation of these rules to the Controller.
Our activities include:
- Provision of comprehensive financial, performance and risk reporting data to WIPO senior management.
- Follow-up, coordination, response to, and implementation of audit recommendations (internal and external).
- Development and implementation of WIPO's risk and internal control management strategy.
- Strategic overview and coordination of cost efficiency initiatives across WIPO.
- Support for the planning, preparation, and conduct of the meetings of the Program and Budget Committee.
Further details available in the latest Program and Budget Report.