PCT Translation Division
The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Translation Division is responsible for delivering high-quality publication-ready translation in relation to patent applications filed under the PCT.
Our activities include:
- the translation of scientific, technical and legal documents, mainly the abstracts of international patent applications and scientific, technical and legal reports relating to the patentability of inventions;
- ensuring the quality of the resulting translations while creating, leveraging and publishing technical terminology and creating other translation resources;
- providing and maintaining translation and terminology management systems and other computer-assisted translation applications to WIPO’s translation areas;
- enabling coordinated localization activities in other parts of the Organization across the six languages of the UN and ten languages of the PCT;
- performing translation of documents and publications into Japanese and Korean;
- performing other PCT-related translation as required.