International Copyright Forum: “Music: Sounding Out the Future”
Beijing, China (November 18 and 19, 2010)
This high-level event will showcase China’s booming music market, bringing together a broad range of international stakeholders – government officials, content owners and industry leaders – to review and analyze the latest regulatory, market and technological trends in the global music industry.
The Forum will address key issues facing the industry, including:
- the future of digital music content and the challenges confronting creators and consumers in distributing and accessing it;
- new business models, value chains and emerging licensing and enforcement models;
- how to harness the commercial value of music in the digital age and how to remunerate content owners;
- the role of public authorities in an ever-changing technological landscape.
A series of events will take place on the sidelines of the Forum in the context of the International Copyright Expo. These include:
- the “Global Original Concert” featuring Chinese stars and international artists;
- the “Golden Award Ceremony of Creativity”;
- the “Professional Industry Exhibition”.
WIPO is co-organizing this event with the National Copyright Administration of China (NCAC), with the support of the Beijing Municipal Government, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) and the General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP).