- Briefing Series on Trilateral Cooperation: WHO, WIPO, WTO Joint Technical Symposium on Antimicrobial Resistance: How to Foster Innovation, Access and Appropriate Use of Antibiotics?
- Briefing Series on Trilateral Cooperation: Public Health, Intellectual Property, and TRIPS at 20: Innovation and Access to Medicines; Learning from the Past, Illuminating the Future
- Global Challenges Brief: Patents and the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines (18th Edition): Clarifying the Debate on IP and Access
- Global Challenges Report: Patent-based Analysis of the World Health Organization’s 2013 Model List of Essential Medicine
- Global Challenges Report: Strategic Review of WIPO Re:Search
- Global Challenges Brief: Promoting Medical Innovation and Access, Together
- WIPO Re:Search: Sharing Innovation in the Fight Against Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Global Challenges Brief: The changing landscape of medical innovation: How have business models responded?
- Global Challenges Report: Patent Information, Freedom to Operate and "Global Access": A Case Study of Dengue Vaccines Under Development
- WIPO Patent Search Report on Pandemic Influenza Preparedness (PIP)-related Patents and Patent Applications
This document was prepared at the request of WHO and as a technical input to the Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG) of Member States on Pandemic Influenza Preparedness: sharing of influenza viruses and access to vaccines and other benefits. It identifies the major patents related to pandemic influenza vaccines, diagnostics and therapeutics.
- Patent landscape related to Ritonavir
- Intellectual Property and Bioethics - An Overview
- Patent issues related to influenza viruses and their genes
Commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO) pursuant to World Health Assembly Resolution 60.28, this paper provides the background to the WHO Report on "Patent issues related to influenza viruses and their genes" (Document A/PIP/IGM/3), submitted to the WHO Intergovernmental Meeting on Pandemic Influenza Preparedness: Sharing of Influenza Viruses and Access to Vaccines and Other Benefits, held in Geneva from November 20 to 23, 2007.
- Annex to Working paper "Patent issues related to influenza viruses and their genes: Patent Landscape for the H5 virus" (contains a "Patent Landscape for the H5 virus").
- Human health and the IP system: Innovation, access and public welfare – Working draft, An overview of the issues
This paper is a potential background resource that aims to assist in clarifying, categorizing and mapping current public health and IP issues. It was distributed at the WIPO Symposium on Current Issues in Intellectual Property and Public Health, in September 2007.
- Preliminary Comments of WIPO to the WHO Commission on Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Public Health (CIPIH)
These preliminary and informal comments were intended to be an initial contribution to the work of the CIPIH.
- Follow-on Innovation and Intellectual Property Submissions to the WHO Commission on Intellectual Property Rights, Innovation and Public Health (CIPIH)
Prepared by WIPO, this working paper provides technical input to the CIPIH on the topic of “me too” or “follow-on” innovation, and includes specific examples and information.