(situation on 1 November 2015)
|States for which only a regional patent can be obtained (and not a national patent):||States for which a regional patent can be obtained in addition to, or instead of, a national patent||States not included in regional designation but to which a regional patent can be extended or validated|
|SZ Swaziland||BW Botswana
SL Sierra Leone
ST Sao Tome and Principe1
TZ United Republic of Tanzania
|EA Eurasian patent||Not applicable||AM Armenia
RU Russian Federation
|EP European patent||BE Belgium
CZ Czech Republic
GB United Kingdom
MK The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
SM San Marino
|OA OAPI patent||BF Burkina Faso
CF Central African Republic
CI Côte d’Ivoire
GQ Equatorial Guinea
- For international applications filed on or after 19 August 2014.
- For information about requesting the extension of a European patent to these States: see the PCT Applicant’s Guide, Introduction to the International Phase, paragraphs 4.026 and 5.054, and National Chapter (EP).
- A request for validation of a European patent in Morocco may be made for any international application filed on or after 1 March 2015. For further information on the validation system, see: http://www.epo.org/law-practice/legal-texts/extension-validation-system.html.
- A request for validation of a European patent in the Republic of Moldova may be made for any international application filed on or after 1 November 2015. For further information on the validation system, see: http://www.epo.org/law-practice/legal-texts/extension-validation-system.html.
- For international applications filed on or after 25 May 2013.