Applicants wishing to submit an international application on-line need a digital certificate.
Download PCT-SAFE Client Software
PCT-SAFE Client version (3.51.059.235) (April 1, 2013)
- Download: pct-safe-3.51.059-bin.exe (approximately 126 MB self-extracting executable setup file)
- Release notes [PDF]
- What's New [PDF]
- Download the installation file pct-safe-3.51.059-bin.exe.
- Export any form or address book data to a location outside the C:\PCT-SAFE folder as a backup.
- Ensure that PCT-SAFE is not running.
- Run the pct-safe-3.51.059-bin.exe from the local drive, using the same installation destination directory (C:\PCT-SAFE) as the previous installation (if any).
- The previous installation will be overwritten.
- During the installation, when prompted, accept the update of the demo and production databases.
- During the installation, when prompted, 'overwrite all' existing fee schedules.
- At the end of the installation restart the computer.
Please also note: Version 3.51.059.235 is a full installation for the PCT-SAFE Client; it can also be used to upgrade previous versions of the PCT-SAFE Client. To reduce possible problems with the installation process, it is strongly recommended not to rename the downloaded installation file. For the installation of the PCT-SAFE Client, local administrator rights are required. After installation no special access rights are required for using the software. For further details see "Access Rights for PCT-SAFE Installation and Operation" (for system administrators) [PDF]. At peak periods downloading may be slow due to server capacity constraints, therefore please try to download when less internet activities can be expected.
Minimum system requirements:
- Computer processor: 600MHz; available hard disk space: 1GB; RAM: 256 MB
- Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, from version 7.x, or other PDF viewer software
- Internet connection (for the purposes of online transmission)
- Floppy disk drive: 3 1/2 inch disk drive (for PCT-EASY request form data and abstract or, if accepted by the receiving Office, fully electronic applications)
- CD or DVD writer and software (for fully electronic PCT-SAFE applications filed on physical medium and for saving PCT-EASY request form data and abstract, if accepted by the RO).
The PCT-SAFE Client software will run on Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista/7.
- PCT-SAFE Editor (PSE) (optional tool, used to prepare the application body (description, claims, abstract, drawings) in XML format)