Just as IP Office modernization is vital to meeting the growing demands of the IP system, the smooth flow of digital information and data, accessible and up-to-date databases, and enhanced IP Office networking are crucial to ensuring the highest quality in global IP services. Extending the use of these tools to all countries and regions makes an important contribution to bridging the “ digital divide” or knowledge gap.
Some concrete examples are:
- Patent database PATENTSCOPE
- Special databases: aRDi and ASPI
- The International Classifications (the IPC , Nice, Vienna and Locarno Classifications)
- Intellectual property technical standards
- Trademark and industrial design databases (Global Brand Database, Madrid Express, Hague Express, Lisbon Express, ROMARIN)