The Access to Research for Development and Innovation (ARDI) program provides free online access to major scientific and technical journals to local, not-for-profit institutions in least-developed countries and low-cost access to industrial property offices in developing countries across the world.
ARDI was launched in 2009 by WIPO in cooperation with 12 major publishers, to encourage innovation and assist developing countries in bridging the knowledge gap:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Institute of Physics
- Institute of Physics
- John Wiley & Sons
- Oxford University Press
- National Academy of Sciences
- Nature Publishing Group
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Sage Publications
- Springer Science+Business Media
- Taylor & Francis.