WIPO Expert Determination
The Center believes that expert determination should be cost effective. In consultation with parties and experts, the Center ensures that fees charged in a WIPO procedure are appropriate in light of the circumstances of the matter.
(All amounts are in United States dollars)
|Administration Fee||Expert’s Fees (*)|
|0.10% of the value of the expert determination, subject to a maximum of $10,000||$300-$600 per hour||$1,500-$3,500 per day|
(*) indicative rates
- The value of the expert determination is determined by the total value of the amounts claimed.
- Where the Request for Expert Determination does not indicate a monetary amount or where the matter referred to expert determination concerns issues that are not quantifiable in monetary amounts, an administration fee of $1,000 shall be payable, subject to adjustment. The adjustment shall be made by reference to the administration fee that the Center, after consultation with the parties and the Expert, determines in its discretion to be appropriate in the circumstances.
- The Center may set-off all or part of the administration fee paid to it in connection with a WIPO mediation or WIPO arbitration against the administration fee payable to the Center in connection with a WIPO expert determination regarding the same dispute.
- Prior to the appointment of the Expert, the Center shall fix an Expert’s hourly or daily fee rate, in consultation with the parties and the Expert. In so doing, the Center shall take into account any amount concerned, the complexity of the matter referred to expert determination, the Expert’s qualifications, any comparable rates for an expert in the relevant area of expertise, and any other relevant circumstances of the case.
- The Expert shall maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the expert determination. Following the completion or the termination of the expert determination, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the Expert’s invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the Expert, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the Expert, taking into consideration the hourly or daily rates and maximum rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the expert determination, the total time spent by the Expert, the diligence of the Expert and the rapidity of the expert determination proceedings.
- For the purposes of calculating the costs of the expert determination proceedings, the amount of claims expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall be converted to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- A 25% reduction on the Center’s administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders of international registrations under the Hague system or the Madrid system, or WIPO GREEN technology providers or seekers.
Payment Information Details
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH68 0483 5063 0397 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH33 0483 5048 7080 8200 3, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH51 0483 5048 7080 8100 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in GBP: WIPO Account IBAN CH65 0483 5048 7080 8200 0, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Arbitration and Mediation Center
34 chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20
(When mailing the check, please mention the paying party and the case reference if available.)
iii) Deduction from WIPO current account
2. Payments in cash will not be accepted.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.