Emergency Relief Proceedings
*** Effective January 1, 2017, payments by check will no longer be accepted. ***
(Pursuant to Article 49 WIPO Arbitration Rules / Article 43 WIPO Expedited Arbitration Rules)
(All amounts are in United States dollars)
|Administration Fee||Emergency Arbitrator's Fees (*)|
|$2,500||Initial deposit: $10,000
$300 to $600 per hour, up to a maximum fee of $20,000
(*) Indicative rates.
- Prior to the appointment of the emergency arbitrator, the Center shall fix the emergency arbitrator’s hourly fee rate, in consultation with the parties and the emergency arbitrator. In so doing, the Center shall take into consideration such factors as the amounts in dispute, the number of parties, the complexity of the dispute and the status and any special qualifications required of the emergency arbitrator.
- An emergency arbitrator shall be required to maintain a detailed and accurate record of the work done and the time spent on the emergency relief proceedings. Following the termination of the emergency relief proceedings, a copy of such records shall be provided to the parties and the Center, together with the emergency arbitrator's invoice.
- After consulting with the parties and the emergency arbitrator, the Center shall determine the final amount to be paid to the emergency arbitrator, taking into consideration the hourly rates and maximum rates and other factors such as the complexity of the subject matter of the dispute and of the arbitration, the total time spent by the emergency arbitrator, the diligence of the emergency arbitrator and the rapidity of the emergency relief proceedings.
- The emergency arbitrator’s fees shall not exceed the above-mentioned indicative rates, except in exceptional circumstances.
- For the purposes of calculating the costs of the emergency relief proceedings, the amount of claims expressed in currencies other than United States dollars shall be converted to amounts expressed in United States dollars on the basis of the official United Nations exchange rate prevailing on the date of payment.
- A 25% reduction on the Center's administration fees applies if a party (or both parties) to the dispute is (are) named as applicant or inventor in a published PCT application, holders of international registrations holders under the Hague system or the Madrid system, or WIPO Green technology providers or seekers.
Payment Information Details
1. Payments to the WIPO Center shall be made by any of the following means only:
i) Bank transfer:
- Payments in US$: WIPO Account IBAN CH6804835063039782000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in Euro: WIPO Account IBAN CH3304835048708082003, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in CHF: WIPO Account IBAN CH5104835048708081000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
- Payments in GBP: WIPO Account IBAN CH6504835048708082000, Credit Suisse, CH-1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland, SWIFT Code CRESCHZZ80A
(When making the transfer, please indicate the purpose of the payment, including the case reference if available, or the names of the parties to the proceeding)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Arbitration and Mediation Center
34 chemin des Colombettes
1211 Geneva 20
(When mailing the check, please mention the paying party and the case reference if available.)
iii) Deduction from WIPO current account
2. Payments in cash will not be accepted.
3. All bank charges, transfer fees or other amounts that may be levied in connection with a payment made to the Center shall be the responsibility of the party making the payment.