The WIPO Center has prepared a Model Response intended to serve as a guide for the preparation of a Response under the Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (Rules) and WIPO Supplemental Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (Supplemental Rules). The WIPO Center makes available the below model Response, which is discussed below.
As of March 1, 2010, WIPO UDRP Parties must file Responses (or Complaints) including all annexes solely by electronic format. These may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For Responses filed in electronic-only format, reference is made to the modified Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, and to the modified WIPO Supplemental Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, which provide relevant guidance as to applicable format modalities. In order to facilitate filing of you electronic-only UDRP (eUDRP) pleading with the WIPO Center, the following options are available:
- download and complete the model Response (eUDRP) as a Word document to submit to the WIPO Center electronically (email address: email@example.com; or
- complete and submit directly online (eUDRP) to the Center an electronic form of the model Response.
Using the model Response as a basis for the preparation of a party's submission does not preclude the possibility of an Administrative Panel requesting the Respondent for additional information. In addition, it does not guarantee a Respondent's success on the merits.
In filing your UDRP Response with the WIPO Center in electronic form only:
- Submit the Response (including all annexes) to the WIPO Center as an attachment(s) to an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The attachment(s) should be submitted as a Word document, Word Perfect document, PDF file, text file or RTF file;
- Copy the above e-mail to the Complainant in accordance with the contact details specified by the Complainant in the Complaint;
- There is no need to send the Response to the concerned registrar(s);
- The Response and all annexes should be submitted electronically, taking guidance as to file size and format modalities as specified in Annex E of the WIPO Supplemental Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy;
- If the Respondent is required to make a payment, inform the Center as to how the payment is being made. Please note that in cases where payment is to be made by Credit Card, Credit Card information should not be included in the Response itself or in any covering emails to the Center.(Payment by credit card should be made using the WIPO Center's secure online payment facility. For payment-related queries or difficulties, please call (+41 22) 338 8247.)
The following documents should be consulted in connection with preparing and filing a Response:
- UDRP Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP Policy)
- Modified UDRP Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP Rules)
- Modified WIPO Supplemental Rules for Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy
Parties may also wish to consult the Legal Index of WIPO UDRP Panel Decisions and WIPO Overview of WIPO Panel Views on Selected UDRP Questions.
Questions concerning the filing requirements may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.