Internal audits provide an independent and objective assessment of WIPO’s business processes and systems, risk management, control and governance processes.
- The 2012-2015 Internal Audit Strategy defines the priorities of internal audits, based on the Organization’s strategic goals.
- WIPO’s Internal Audit Manual establishes the key policies and procedures governing internal audit activity.
Internal Audit Reports
Internal audit reports are submitted to the Director General, the Independent Advisory Oversight Committee (IAOC), and the External Auditor. Internal audit and evaluation reports are, upon request, made available to member states.
Latest Internal Audit Reports
- Audit of Information Security at WIPO (February 25, 2014)
- Management of Staff Separation from Service (February 25, 2014)
- Review of Data Migration to the New Human Resources Management System (January 23, 2014)
Internal Audit Documents and Links
- WIPO Internal Audit Manual (2011)
- WIPO Internal Audit Strategy
- Internal Audit Risk Assessment Methodology
- External Quality Assessment of the Internal Audit Function (August 20, 2010)
- International Professional Practices Framework (Institute of Internal Auditors)
- Internal Audit Code of Ethics (Institute of Internal Auditors)