The WIPO Intergovernmental Committee on Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (IGC) meets several times a year in Geneva.
The Fortieth Session of the IGC (June 17 to 21, 2019) will address traditional knowledge and traditional cultural expressions, and take stock of progress and make a recommendation to the General Assembly.
At preparatory informal information sessions, the WIPO secretariat provides member state representatives in Geneva with information on the key issues under discussion at each upcoming IGC session, as well as on practical arrangements.
The informal information session for IGC 40 will take place at WIPO Headquarters (Room NB 0.107) on June 6, 2019, at 10:00 a.m.
The working documents for the 40th session of the IGC are:
- The Protection of Traditional Knowledge: Draft Articles
- The Protection of Traditional Cultural Expressions: Draft Articles
- Consolidated Document Relating to Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources
- The Protection of Traditional Knowledge: Updated Draft Gap Analysis
- The Protection of Traditional Cultural Expressions: Updated Draft Gap Analysis
- Report on the Compilation of Materials on Databases Relating to Genetic Resources and Associated Traditional Knowledge
- Report on the Compilation of Materials on Disclosure Regimes Relating to Genetic Resources and Associated Traditional Knowledge
Preparation kits of previous IGC sessions
- Thirty-ninth session (March 18 to 22, 2019)
- Thirty-eighth session (December 10 to 14, 2018)
- Thirty-seventh session (August 27 to 31, 2018)
- Thirty-sixth session (June 25 to 29, 2018)
- Thirty-fifth session (March 19, to 23, 2018)
- Thirty-fourth session (June 12 to 16, 2017)
- Thirty-third session (February 27 to March 3, 2017)
- Thirty-second session (November 28 to December 2, 2016)
- Thirty-first session (September 19 to 23, 2016)
- Thirtieth session (May 30 to June 3, 2016)
- Twenty-ninth session (February 15 to 19, 2016)
- Twenty-eighth session (July 7 to July 9, 2014)
- Twenty-seventh session (March 24 to April 4, 2014)
- Twenty-sixth session (February 3 to February 7, 2014)