Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO: Sixty-Fourth Series of Meetings
July 6 to 14, 2023
Opening of the Sessions
1. Opening of the Sessions (A/64/INF/1)
2. Adoption of the Agenda (A/64/1 Prov.1)
3. Election of Officers
4. Address of the Director General to the Assemblies of WIPO
5. General Statements
Governing Bodies and Institutional Issues
6. Admission of Observers
7. Composition of the WIPO Coordination Committee, and of the Executive Committees of the Paris and Berne Unions
8. Composition of the Program and Budget Committee
9. Revision of the General Rules of Procedure of WIPO and the Special Rules of Procedure of the Governing Bodies of WIPO
Program, Budget and Oversight Matters
10. Reports on Audit and Oversight
- Report by the Independent Advisory Oversight Committee (IAOC)
- Report by the External Auditor
- Report by the Director of the Internal Oversight Division (IOD)
11. Appointment of the External Auditor
12. Report on the Program and Budget Committee (PBC)
WIPO Committees and International Normative Framework
13. Reports from WIPO Committees:
- Report on the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR)
- Report on the Standing Committee on the Law of Patents (SCP)
- Report on the Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT)
- Report on the Committee on Development and Intellectual Property (CDIP) and Review of the Implementation of the Development Agenda Recommendations
- Report on the Intergovernmental Committee on Intellectual Property and Genetic Resources, Traditional Knowledge and Folklore (IGC)
- Report on the Committee on WIPO Standards (CWS)
- Report on the Advisory Committee on Enforcement (ACE)
Global Intellectual Property Services
14. PCT System
15. Madrid System
16. Hague System
17. Lisbon System
18. WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, including Domain Names
Other Assemblies and Treaties
19. Patent Law Treaty (PLT)
20. Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks (STLT)
21. Reports on Staff Matters
- Report on Human Resources
- Report by the Ethics Office
22. Amendments to Staff Regulations and Rules
Closing of the Sessions
23. Adoption of the Report
24. Closing of the Sessions
Registration of delegates and credentials
- As indicated in the invitation circular C. N 4126 sent on December 16, 2022, to Members and Observers accredited to WIPO, all delegates are requested to register online by June 22, 2023, including Geneva based delegates.
- Completing the online registration form is required, whether participating in person or remotely via the online platform. As usual, delegates planning to follow the proceedings via webcasting only do not need to register.
- The submission of credentials is a pre-requisite for the completion of the online registration form. The credential document should be a dated and signed/stamped note verbale, official letter or document, originating from a competent authority of a Member State or Observer Organization accredited to WIPO, nominating the delegate to attend the Assemblies on behalf of said Member State or Observer Organization.
- The secure code for online registration, provided in circular C. N 4126 of December 16, 2022, may be obtained in exceptional cases only from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once registered online, each delegate receives by e-mail a registration number confirming their registration for the Assemblies. All registrations are subsequently verified by the Secretariat, which may individually contact a registered participant, if required (for instance, in case of questions regarding the credential document).
- Any questions or comments on the online registration procedure may be addressed to email@example.com.
- Organizations must enjoy observer status at WIPO before any individual(s) representing them can register for this meeting. Procedures for organizations to request observer status are available on the WIPO website.