New Madrid Online Transaction: Limitation of Goods and Services
November 9, 2020
Users of the Madrid System will now be able to submit their requests for the recording of a limitation online, via the WIPO IP Portal.
This service allows users to restrict the list of goods and services for some or all of the designated Contracting Parties (countries/regions) in their international registration.
This electronic version of the MM6 form can now be performed entirely online and follows a step-by-step process. Once completed, users are able to pay their fees and submit their request online.
- Detailed and up-to-date information on the international registration (international registration number, holder and representative details, list of eligible designated Contracting Parties, list of goods & services)
- Display, modification and removal of part of a class or an entire class
- Built-in checks every step of the way
- Online payment
- Automatic confirmation email sent to the payer enclosing:
- the details of the limitation,
- the WIPO reference number associated to the request and
- the transaction number of the payment
How does it work?
- Access the limitation of goods and services through the WIPO IP Portal Menu.
- Log in with your WIPO Account.
- Enter the international registration number for which you would like to request the recording of a limitation.
- Select the designated Contracting Parties to which the limitation will apply.
- Indicate the class(es) you wish to limit (all or some only of the goods and services covered by the international registration).
- Sign electronically.
- Pay the due fees online, using a Current Account at WIPO or a credit card.
- Receive your confirmation and a WIPO reference number by email.
Find out more
- How to Manage your International Registration: Limitation (including a Madrid “How-to” video tutorial)
- Send us your questions via Contact Madrid