Welcoming the Republic of Moldova to the Madrid e-Filing Community
March 23, 2020
The Republic of Moldova becomes the first Southeast European country to offer the Madrid e-Filing service to trademark users.
On March 23, 2020, the State Agency on Intellectual Property of Moldova (AGEPI) is giving access to Madrid e-Filing service to trademark applicants via its website. Brand owners will have the possibility to file international applications online. Conveniently nestled within the e-Filing service, users will have direct access to Madrid Goods & Services Manager to check the classification of terms in their list of goods and services.
The adoption of Madrid e-Filing by the IP Office of the Republic of Moldova brings the number of users of this WIPO solution to eight, alongside the Benelux, Australia, Georgia, Austria, Lithuania, Estonia and Canada.
Moldovan brand owners will immediately benefit from the latest feature in Madrid e-Filing: the ability to receive and respond to irregularities issued by WIPO electronically. This feature is available to all participating offices and helps to save a significant amount of time in the processing of international registrations.
Other key benefits
- Reduced application irregularities associated with manual data input, as the national IP office’s database prepopulates key information
- Direct access to Madrid Goods &Services Manager for listing goods and services and eligibility across 37 contracting parties of the Madrid Protocol
- A streamlined certification process at the Office of Origin
- Synchronized filing with WIPO
- Live application status displayed in the e-Filing dashboard
- One service covering the whole registration process
How to use the Madrid e-Filing service
- Log on at the State Agency on Intellectual Property of Moldova (AGEPI) and select “Create an application for international registration".
- Enter the basic mark/application reference and check the fields prepopulated with data from AGEPI records.
- Select the designated Contracting Parties and goods and services for protection.
- Update mark, holder, representative and language correspondence details.
- Pay the fees using a Current Account at WIPO, credit card or choose the new option to pay via the National Office.
- Upon certification by the AGEPI and the confirmation of payment, the system sends the application directly to WIPO for registration.
- Respond to irregularity letters when necessary.
- Receive your international registration number.