Copyright Law Division
The Copyright Law Division functions as the secretariat for the Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR). The Division is responsible for supporting WIPO member states and SCCR members in work related to WIPO's existing and proposed copyright treaties. It also provides legislative assistance on request to member states for the development of their national copyright laws.
Our activities include:
- Acting as secretariat to the SCCR.
- Administering copyright-related treaties.
- Assisting member states preparing to adopt new copyright treaty obligations.
- Providing legislative assistance to member states on copyright issues.
- Providing training and preparing studies on a wide variety of copyright topics.
Further details available in the latest Program and Budget Report.