Lesotho Telecommunications Authority Amendment Act 2001
Vol. XLVI Wednesday — 30th May,2001 No. 44
|7||Lesotho Telecommunications Authority ………………………………………..………. . . 375 (Amended)2001|
|Published by the Authority of His Majesty the King|
LESOTHO TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY
An Act to amend the Lesotho Telecommunications Authority Act 2001 i.
ENACTED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF LESOTHO
Short title and commencement
1. This act may be cited as the Lesotho Telecommunications Authority (Amendment) Act 2001 and shall come into operation on such a date as the Minister may, by notice in the Gazette, appoint.
2. The Lesotho Telecommunications Authority Act 2000 is amended in section 2
- by deleting the semicolon at the end of the definition of “telecommunication” and inserting the following: “and includes a service delivered by means of a telecommunication system in order to transmit speech, music, sound, signals or images and any ancillary services including but not limited to broadcasting content;
- by inserting the following definitions in their appropriate alphabetical order.
“telecommunication service” means any service provided by means of a telecommunication system;
“telecommunication system” means any system or series of telecommunication facilities or radio, optical or other electromagnetic apparatus or any similar technical system used for the purpose of telecommunications, whether or not such telecommunication is subject to rearrangement, composition or other processes by any means in the course of their transmission, emission or reception;”.
General powers of the Authority
3. The principal law is amended in section 16(1) by
- deleting the fullstop at the end of paragraph (1) and substituting a semicolon; and
- adding the following paragraph after paragraph (1)
“(m) prescribe a code of conduct for operators and penalties for noncompliance with the Code.”
iAct No. 5 of 2000