The Copyright (Designation of National Cultural Events) Order, 2003
THE COPYRIGHT ACT
(under section 104 (1) (c))
(Made by the Minister on the 23rd day of December, 2003) L.N 1492003
I. This Order may be cited as the Copyright (Designation of National Cultural Events) Order, 2003.
2.-(1) Events organized by a public body and specified in paragraph 3 for the purposes of section 104 (1) (c) of the Act are hereby designated as national cultural events.
(2) For the purposes of this Order "public body" means-
- any Minisw or department of Government;
- a statutory body or authority; or
"c) any company registered under the Companies Act, being a company which the Government or an agent of the Government, by the holding of shares, is in a position to direct the policy of that company.
3.-(I) The events referred to in paragraph 1 are-
- commemorative events in recognition of the birthday of a National Hero;
- commemorative events in celebration of the anniversary of Jamaica's Independence;
- commemorative events in recognition of Emancipation; (4 commemorative events in recognition of Labour Day;
- commemorative events in recognition of the birthday and the anniversary of the death of the Honourable Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.; and
V) events which the Minister with responsibility for culture recognizes as being of national cultural importance.
[The lnclusion of this page is authorized by L.N.33N20051