Decree of the Minister of Agriculture on the Establishment of Plant Variety Protection Office (Decree No. 808 of 2005)
- Ministerial Decree No. (808) of 2005
In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Arab Republic of
Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation Minister’s Office
Ministerial Decree No. (808) of 2005
The Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation -After reviewing the Law on Agriculture No. (53) of 1966, and the amending laws
thereto; -Law No. (82) of 2002 on Intellectual property Rights Protection; -The Executive Regulations of Law No. (82) of 2002 enacted by virtue of Prime
Ministerial Decree No. (1366) of 2003; -Prime Minister decree No. (492) of 2003 on the establishment of the Plant Variety Protection Office; -Ministerial decree No. (2341) of 2003 on the affiliation of the Plant Variety Protection Office to the Central Administration for Seed Certification; and -Upon the recommendation of the Head of the Agricultural Research Center.
Article (1): An office to be known as the “Plant Variety Protection Office” shall be established within the Central Administration for Seed Certification at the Agricultural Services and Follow Up Sector at the Ministry of Agriculture pursuant to the Prime Ministerial Decree no.(492) of 2003. The said Office shall replace the Breeders’ Right and Plant Variety Protection Department, and shall be counted a public administration, and shall be of a judicial character.
Article (2): The Office shall be responsible for fulfilling the duties assigned to it in respect of the plant variety protection by virtue of Law no. (82) of 2002 and the Executive Regulations.
Article (3): The Permanent Advisory Council for Plant Variety Breeders’ Rights shall be constituted as follows:
- Head of the Agricultural Research Center President
- Head of the Agricultural Services and
MemberFollow Up Sector
- Head of the Central Administration for MemberSeed Certification
- Head of the Technology Management and Commercialization Office (TMCO) at Member the Agricultural Research Center
-Head of the Plant Variety Protection MemberOffice at the Ministry
- Head of the Egyptian Association for MemberPlant Breeders
- Head of the Egyptian Association for MemberSeeds
- An Expert in Plant Breeding Member
-A Legal Officer Member
-Head of the Seed Council Member
- Head of the Agricultural Crop Seed MemberCommittee
- Three members from the Plant Variety Registration Committee to be selected by the Chairman every two years
Article (4): The Advisory Council shall meet once every two months, and shall submit a report to us to approve it.
Article (5): The Advisory Council may, in the course of fulfilling its duties, get the help of experts in the field.
Article (6): Any other decree contrary to this Decree shall, hereby, be repealed.
Article (7): All parties concerned must implement this decree.
Issued on: June 27th, 2005
Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation
Engineer/ Ahmed Abdel-Moneim Al-Laithi