Order on the Extension of Legal Protection of the Topography of Semiconductor Products to also Comprising Persons from certain Countries and Territories
Order on the Extension of Legal Protection of the Topography of Semiconductor Products to also Comprising Persons from certain Countries and Territories1)
Pursuant to section 4(2) of Act No. 778 of 9th December 1987 on the Protection of the Form of Semiconductor Products (topography) and of Order No. 416 of 27th May 1992 on the Designation of certain Powers to the Patent Office by the Ministry of Business and Industry, the following shall hereby be laid down:
1. Regardless of the provisions in section 4(1) of the Act the following natural and legal persons including legal entities may obtain exclusive right in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Semiconductor Products (topography):
(i) Natural persons who are nationals of, or are domiciled in the territory of, a Member of the WTO Agreement.
(ii) Legal entities which or natural persons who have a real and effective establishment for the creation of topographies or the production of integrated circuits in the territory of a Member of the WTO Agreement.
(iii) Natural persons who are nationals of, or are domiciled in, one of the countries or territories mentioned in appendix 1.
(iv) Legal persons who have a legitimate industrial or commercial establishment in one of the areas of the countries or territories mentioned in appendix 1.
2. Any exclusive right obtained in accordance with section 1 shall apply for the period laid down in section 5(3) of the Act.
3. (1) This Order shall enter into force on 17th January 1997.
(2) Simultaneously, Order No. 1194 of 29th December 1995 shall be repealed.
(3) The Order shall have effect as of 1st January 1996.
The Danish Patent Office, 18th December 1996
/ Peter Mahrt
The Ministry of Business and Industry
The Danish Patent Office, File No. 89-2424-1
1)The Order includes provisions which implement the Council's decision 90/510/EEC (OJ No. L 285 of 17th October 1990 page 29), the Council's decision 94/824/EC (OJ No. L 349 of 31st December 1994 page 201) and the Councils decision 96/644/EC (JO No. L 293 of 16th November 1996 page 19).