New Madrid Online Transactions: Change in Ownership
April 27, 2022
Users of the Madrid System can now manage the transaction related to change in ownership via eMadrid in the WIPO IP Portal. This service allows you to record a total or partial change in ownership. An electronic version of the MM5 form, this transaction can now be performed entirely online and follows a step-by-step process.
- Up-to-date information on the international registration
- Automatic confirmation email sent to the person submitting the request enclosing:
- the details of the transaction
- the WIPO reference number associated to the request
- Search by holder or representative name, trademark or international registration number
How does it work?
- Access the service through eMadrid in the WIPO IP Portal Menu.
- Log in with your WIPO Account.
- Indicate whether you want to perform a total or partial change.
- Search and select the international registration(s) for which the transaction(s) applies.
- Enter the details of the transferor and the transferee. You may also appoint a new representative and add an address for correspondence if needed.
- Fill in the required fields and verify the information submitted.
- Sign electronically.
- Pay the due fees online, using a Current Account at WIPO or a credit card.
- Receive your confirmation and a WIPO reference number by email.
Find out more
Questions or queries?
Contact us to submit your questions or queries.