Registration Now Open: Specialized Online Course on the Hague System
January 3, 2024
The first specialized distance learning course (DL) on the Hague System for the International Registration of Industrial Designs (DL-304) is now open for registration. The course was developed in close collaboration between the Hague Registry and WIPO Academy. The new course provides an in-depth insight into the procedures and regulations of the Hague System. Prospective participants are encouraged to apply by February 25, 2024.
This distance learning course is free-of-charge, and is offered with the support of the Funds-In-Trust Japan Industrial Property Global.
What is this course about?
The DL Course on the Hague System consists of interactive presentations and exercises on the international mechanism for registering industrial designs at WIPO. Under the guidance of a tutor, participants will learn more about the Hague System including:
- its online resources;
- the legal framework;
- tips on filing international applications;
- the management of an international registration; and
- the strategic use of the Hague System, particularly optimizing efficiencies and avoiding irregularities.
Why sign up?
The course is a unique learning opportunity for those wishing to:
- Expand their understanding of intellectual property with a focus on the Hague System;
- Dive into topics such as design protection and international registrations;
- Study at their own pace and schedule;
- Connect with participants worldwide in interactive discussion forums; and
- Earn recognition for acquired skills with a WIPO Academy certificate upon course completion.
The DL course is available in English, to anyone wishing to acquire knowledge and skills in the field of international registration of industrial designs. Please contact the course administrator if you have any enquiries.