November 2, 2023
The Cuban Industrial Property Office (OCPI) notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as a depositing and accessing office of the WIPO Digital Access Service with effect from January 1, 2024.
The technical and operational options adopted by the OCPI are as follows:
- The OCPI as a Depositing Office will deposit certified copies of patent applications, utility model, industrial design and trademark applications as priority documents, including PCT applications filed with the Office on or after 01.01.2024, which the applicant specifically requests to be made available to the service.
- The OCPI, in its capacity as the Accessing Office, will recognize priority documents which have been made available to it through the service, for the purposes of any application for which the time limit for the filing of the priority document has not expired before 01.01.2024.
- All documents and information shall be exchanged in color, greyscale or black and white (depending on the requirements of the type of application) and in PDF format, through the WIPO DAS web portal for the Offices;
- As an Accessing Office, the Office will accept color, greyscale and black and white documents in PDF format deposited by the depositing Office.
The following practical information may be useful for applicants:
- Requests to the Office to make an application available through the service may be made using the request form provided, available on the Office's website, which clearly indicates the relevant request number and stating that it is to be made available to the WIPO Digital Access Service;
- To request the Office to retrieve a document from the service as an Accessing Office, the applicant must tick the relevant box next for the priority claim on the application form to the Office.
- The Office's national and international applications hosted in the library will have the respective number formats: CU/P/YYYYYY/NNNNNNNN and PCT/CUYYYYYY/NNNNNNN for patents; CU/U/YYYYYY/NNNNNNNNN for utility models; CU/I/YYYYYY/NNNNNNN for industrial designs; and CU/M/YYYYYY/NNNNNNNN for trademarks.
- Further details on the Office's participation in the service will be made available on the Office's website https://www.ocpi.cu/