|Title:||Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia|
|Depositing Office:||Depositing Office since:||July 1, 2021|
|Accessing Office:||Accessing Office since:||July 1, 2021|
The Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as both an accessing and a depositing office with effect from July 1, 2021.
Technical and operational options adopted by the IPO are:
- The Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of patent applications as priority documents on and after 1st of July 2021, which the applicant specifically requests be made available to the service;
- The Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia as an accessing Office will recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the time for furnishing the priority document has not expired by 1st of July 2021;
- All documents and information will be exchanged in black and white or color and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO PCT-EDI.
- As an Accessing Office, the Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia will accept color, greyscale black and white documents in PDF format as deposited by the depositing Office.
The following practical information may be useful to applicants:
- A request to our IPO to make an application available through the service may be made by sending a letter clearly stating the relevant application number and indicating that it should be made available to WIPO Digital Access Service ;
- To request our IPO as accessing Office to retrieve the document from the service, the applicant should check the information next to the priority claim on the application form or send a letter to our Office.
- The national and international patent applications hosted in our digital library use the respective number formats LVPYYYYNNNNNN and PCT/LVYYYY/NNNNNN.
Further details on the IPO's participation in the service will be made available at our office's website - http://www.lrpv.gov.lv