Date: August 28, 2020
The Superintendence of Industry and Commerce of Colombia notified the International Bureau in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 12 of the Framework Provisions that it would commence operation as both a depositing and accessing office with effect from August 28, 2020.
Technical and operational options adopted by the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce of Colombia are:
The Superintendence of Industry and Commerce as a depositing Office will deposit certified copies of patent, utility model and industrial design applications as priority documents, including PCT applications filed at the Office on and after August 3rd, 2020, which the applicant specifically requests be made available to the service
- The Superintendence of Industry and Commerce as an accessing Office will recognize priority documents available to it through the service for the purposes of any application for which the time for furnishing the priority document has not expired by August 3rd, 2020.
- All documents and information will be exchanged in black and white and in PDF format through the WIPO DAS Office web portal and based on WIPO PCT-EDI;
- As an Accessing Office, the Office will accept color, greyscale black and white documents in PDF format as deposited by depositing Office.
The following practical information may be useful to applicants:
- A request to the Office to make an application available through the service may be made by using the intended Request Form, available from the Office website or by sending a letter clearly stating the relevant application number and indicating that it should be made available to WIPO Digital Access Service;
- To request the Office as accessing Office to retrieve the document from the service, the applicant should check the relevant box next to the priority claim on the application form or send a letter to the Office.
- The Office national and international applications hosted in the library will have the respective number formats NCYYYY/NNNNNNN and PCT/COYYYY/NNNNNN.
- Further details on the Office’s participation in the service will be made available at the Office’s website.